Building Lifelong Learners
Welcome to our Lower School! Quarry Lane offers a well-rounded, challenging, and inspiring curriculum in our Lower School program, serving students in Junior Kindergarten through fifth grade. We believe that the Lower School years are significant in building a foundation that provides students with the confidence, character, and knowledge to help them reach their fullest potential.
Quarry Lane is a small family with every member trying to become their best. All of the children are connected. You know your child is becoming their best and everyone is there to cheer them on and support them. The teachers and directors are their second moms and dads. They want what is best for them just like I do."
-Tam Chiang, Preschool and Lower School Parent
We are proud to offer an academically rigorous curriculum with a focus on promoting contextual learning, analytical reasoning, and critical thinking skills through hands-on, real-world experiences. What sets our Lower School program apart from any other are several key, distinguishing factors:
- Small class sizes that allow for more individualized attention, differentiated learning approaches in classrooms, and an overall deeper level of learning.
- Subject specialization that elevates the learning level in each subject by capitalizing on our faculty's passion areas where they are content experts in what they teach.
- A technology curriculum that builds a foundation of engineering concepts that carry through to our Upper School engineering program. as well as foster important soft skills, including collaboration and communication.
- A robust and comprehensive arts program that inspires creativity and a deep appreciation of visual art and music through a wide range of mediums.
- A true focus on real-world, hands-on, experiential learning that fosters important skills, such as communication, critical thinking, creativity, and teamwork, while allowing for deeper academic retention.
- Intentional and strategic social and emotional learning throughout each day, beginning with our daily Morning Meeting in each classroom.
Our Lower School is dedicated to providing an inspiring, supportive, academic experience that allows each student to discover his or her passions, strength, and potential.