Fostering teamwork, sportsmanship, integrity, athletic skill and responsibility are hallmarks of the Cougar Athletic program.
Athletics Events and Notes:
Making History – Quarry Lane School placed 4th with a total score of 13 schools in the North Coast Section D-2 Championships.
This was an amazing year for the Quarry Lane COED Badminton team. Following the EBAL Championships, Quarry Lane had eight players advance to North Coast Section Championships this past Saturday, May, 14th in Fremont at Washington High School. (Quoted Coach Lu)
The results are the following:
- Tsun (Brian) Lam received the gold medal for first place, North Coast Section D-2 Individual Champion!!
- Keyi Mao and AJ Sidhu both received a medal for 4th place in, North Coast Section D-2 Championships in Doubles.
- Kira Li and Jeri Venzon were placed 5th/6th respectively in the North Coast Section D-2 Championships.
Congratulations to: Tsun-Wang Lam (Brian) for making HIGH SCHOOL EBAL BADMINTON ALL-LEAGUE TEAM!!
**Important Notice: We are now allowing parents/fans to attend indoor/outdoor Quarry Lane Athletic Events.
This Week in Cougar Athletics:
Click on location for map link.
Sports Teams at QLS
The Quarry Lane athletics program has three seasons: Fall (August through October), Winter (November through February) and Spring (February through May). The following is a list of the sports programs/teams traditionally offered in our high school and middle school athletics program. Please note, these teams are subject to change based on student interest and availability. For more information and schedules click on the sport below:
High School Sports
- Girls Volleyball - start date August 12th. (JV and Varsity)
- Fall Soccer - start date August 17th.
- Co-Ed Cross Country - start date August 17th.
Middle School Sports
- Girls Volleyball - start date September 1st. (A and B teams)
- Boys Soccer - start date September 2nd (A and B teams)
- Co-Ed Cross Country - start date September 2nd
- Girls Basketball - start date Nov. 18th (A and B teams)
- Boys Basketball - start date Dec. 15th (A and B teams)
All participants and teams will represent the school and community in a positive manner and will reflect the dedication and hard work that will be required to compete and be successful. Success will not be measured by records that are achieved by teams or individuals, but rather by the knowledge that each participant gave his/her best effort and prepared for each contest to the best of his/her ability. Quarry Lane School realizes and understands that an effective interscholastic athletic program is the product of responsible cooperation between its four major components: the Student-Athlete, the parents, the coaching staff, and the administration.
The Quarry Lane School Athletic Program, open to all interested students, has as its goal to develop and refine individual athletic skills, to teach and reinforce the concepts of teamwork and to strive to achieve a better understanding of the sport. It is vital that all team members exhibit good sportsmanship, cooperation and a true understanding of individual differences at all times. Although we strive to win the true goal is learning and playing together.
All student-athlete medical forms are available on the Parent Portal. These include:
- Athletic Registration and Waiver Form
- Physical Form
- Concussion Form
- Athletic COVID Consent Form
To access the forms, go to the Forms tab on the main menu.
Follow QLS Athletics on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Welcome to the @quarrylaneschool Athletics Instagram account! We are excited to launch this account devoted to our teams. Look for us to feature some highlights from last year as we await the go ahead for team sports for this year! Go Cougars! #quarrylaneschool #qlsathletics