Quarry Lane Student Athlete Philosophy
The Quarry Lane School recognizes the importance of athletics as an integral component of a student’s complete educational development. As such, we believe that all students should have an opportunity to participate in some form of interscholastic athletics and that such participation should encourage positive scholastic and social growth and achievement.
All participants and teams will represent the school and community in a positive manner and will reflect the dedication and hard work that will be required to compete and be successful. Success will not be measured by records that are achieved by teams or individuals, but rather by the knowledge that each participant gave his/her best effort and prepared for each contest to the best of his/her ability. Quarry Lane School realizes and understands that an effective interscholastic athletic program is the product of responsible cooperation between its four major components: the Student-Athlete, the parents, the coaching staff, and the administration.
The Quarry Lane School Athletic Program, open to all interested students, has as its goal to develop and refine individual athletic skills, to teach and reinforce the concepts of teamwork and to strive to achieve a better understanding of the sport. It is vital that all team members exhibit good sportsmanship, cooperation and a true understanding of individual differences at all times. Although we strive to win the true goal is learning and playing together.
QLS Athletic Program Objectives
The Quarry Lane School Athletic Programs has its main objectives the following:
- To develop and enhance, in every student, sportsmanship, collaborative skills to be utilized in a group setting, courtesy, and self-control.
- To help students develop agility, overall physical coordination, general physical fitness, as well as an appreciation for physical activity.
- To foster school spirit, maintain positive community morale, and further develop loyalty to the Quarry Lane School.
- To develop concepts of goal attainment through hard work and rigorous self-discipline.
- To provide the Quarry Lane community with the opportunity to view competition and to participate as spectators.
- To provide as many sustainable athletic activities as possible.